The BRAVO! Program
A partnership between the Santa Barbara Symphony and the Santa Barbara Unified School District
“BRAVO is a fun place for my student to go after school. The best moments are when the students are performing onstage, I am so proud. This program really gives students confidence in themselves.”
- This program provides free after school instruction and materials to over 200 4th-6th grade band and orchestra students enrolled in the Santa Barbara Unified School District.
- Students receive the opportunity to study in instrument-specific sectionals with local professional musicians and school district music teachers.
- Students also regularly rehearse in a large ensemble setting with their peers.
- Public performance opportunities include the Downtown Holiday Parade, SBUSD Honor Band Concert, and a Spring Finale Concert.
- Programs run during the school year from September through May.
- Twice weekly instruction on Tuesdays and Thursdays afterschool for 1.5 hours.
- 2 concerts in Fall semester and 2 concerts in Spring semester.
- Registered students are expected to commit to all scheduled rehearsals and concert events.
- Students are expected to practice their instruments and review assigned material outside of scheduled programming.
Bravo! Registration 2021-2022
The Santa Barbara Symphony is closely monitoring updates and recommended guidance from our public health experts during this unprecedented and continually evolving situation. Due to the restrictions of COVID-19, please monitor this page for information about the BRAVO! Program in 2021-2022.
The BRAVO! Program is generously sponsored by…
You can make a difference!
Your support right now enables us to continue to create new, virtual ways to connect with students and our community.
Would you like to join our family of donors and support this program? Annual donations at any level have a big impact. They can fund scholarships, help pay our faculty, provide instruments and more!