Careers & Auditions
Join our team
PATRON AND MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Are you a patron and marketing associate allstar? The Santa Barbara Symphony is looking for a passionate, social media-savvy, and creative marketing and customer service specialist who loves interacting with music patrons and seeks the thrill of helping a non-profit bring joy to the community (especially during a pandemic!).
We are committed to bringing joy, inspiration and connection to our community through music, and the ideal candidate thrives within a fast-paced and collaborative environment. The Patron and Marketing Associate serves as a front-line representative for the Santa Barbara Symphony, engaging directly with our loyal and dedicated patrons, and also providing marketing support to help with ticket sales, fundraising, and community outreach.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, this position is responsible for a variety of marketing, communication, and administrative tasks. This includes:
- Providing customer support to patrons, by answering phones, fulfilling ticketing and season subscription orders, answering questions about our concerts, and making sure they have everything they need to attend and enjoy our programs.
- Supporting marketing and development executives with the organization and calendar items Employing marketing analytics and data analysis to measure social media engagement, e-commerce effectiveness, website performance.
- Maintaining marketing calendars and tracking deadlines and deliverables, including print and digital marketing collateral and advertising.
- Scheduling and deploying social media content and email campaigns.
- Processing subscription sales and single ticket sales, including special promotions, discounts, renewals, mailings, and more.
- Assisting with data entry and data maintenance of the symphony’s customer database.
- Assisting with event preparation, including ticket sales, patron support, and “front-of-house” tasks.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
Attributes a candidate may find helpful:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in Marketing or Communications)
- 1-2 years of experience of customer service/marketing, preferably with a performing arts organization.
- Familiarity with social media marketing tools and platforms and video applications.
- Ability to quickly review and reflect the Symphony’s culture and positioning as a non-profit with a mission to make a difference in the lives of our audiences, students, musicians, patrons and community as a whole.
- Strong understanding and interest in marketing and social media strategies
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Experience meeting deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Motivated, positive, and proactive mindset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with marketing software tools (such as Mailchimp and Hootsuite) and customer database systems (such as Tessitura and Salesforce)
Experience with and enthusiasm for multi-platform social media marketing and outreach
Compensation and Benefits Position is full time, 40 hours/week, non-exempt hourly, with an annual compensation of $37,440; some nights and weekends may be required during performance season. Hours are 8:30am-5pm daily, both remote and in-office. The Santa Barbara Symphony offers a generous benefits package that includes, paid time off, sick time, health benefits and an employee retirement plan option. An Equal Opportunity Employer It is the policy of the Santa Barbara Symphony Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, age or Veteran status. Candidates of ALAANA (African, Latinx, Asian, Arab, and Native American) communities are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume and a writing sample to Elizabeth Cutright, Director of Marketing, email@example.com.
No phone inquiries, please
No openings at this time.
TOP 100 BEST PLACES TO LIVE
One of most beautiful cities in California, Santa Barbara has the arts and culture of a big city with the hospitality and charm of a small, coastal town. Beyond the city’s picture-perfect scenery, Santa Barbara is a haven for classical music lovers, hosting several performing arts venues, a symphony orchestra, and many non-profit classical musical groups. The art galleries, world-class museums, and historic theaters create a thriving arts scene in downtown Santa Barbara, ranked as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Santa Barbara Symphony Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, age or Veteran status.