Concert and Ticketing Policies
1. All concert attendees must have a ticket for their own seat. (Lap sitting is not permitted.)
2. The use of any type of recording devices is strictly prohibited at all Santa Barbara Symphony concerts.
3. Cell phones and all other electronic devices should be turned off during the concert.
4. Please remain in your seat until intermission or the conclusion of the concert.
5. Patrons who leave the hall before or during the performance will not be reseated until after the completion of the work.
6. Reserved seats cannot be guaranteed after the performance begins.
7. Latecomers will be seated at an appropriate break in the program (determined by the production) or seated in the back of the hall out of courtesy to the artists and other patrons.
8. Children under the age of 8 are not recommended to attend concerts, unless otherwise noted.
Subscribers receive complimentary ticket exchanges. Non-subscribers may exchange tickets at an additional $5 per ticket fee.
Ticket exchanges may be processed over the phone or in person. Please notify the Granada Theatre Box Office at least 48 hours in advance.
Only classical series concerts are eligible for ticket exchanges. Not valid for Pops or Family concerts.
Subscribers may donate their tickets back to the Symphony for a tax credit donation if they cannot attend a concert for any reason. The Symphony may re-sell the donated tickets to the general public. If and when the donated tickets are sold, the subscriber will be eligible for a tax credit donation.
Please notify the Symphony Office or Granada Box Office at least 48-hours prior the performance date in order to receive a fully deductible tax credit for the full value of the tickets.
Subscription packages and single tickets are non-refundable.